Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Updated portfolio + Gauguin

Yep, it's updated. Added the recent food illustration bits and an excerpt from a comic I worked on last year as an exercise. What I want to do next is to work enough new stuff where it wipes out all the old stuff. I haven't colored comics in years, so I'd want to replace those samples with new "paintings". Those will probably end up being paintings of environments or characters that look like they could be in video games. (Just talking aloud here. It seems to help me focus.)
-----------
And speaking of painting, for some reason, I'm really itching to learn how to paint portraits. I've been learning to appreciate Gauguin lately, and last night I saw Portrait of Aline Gauguin (see below), and Portrait of a Young Woman Vaite (Jeanne) Goupil (see my tumblr) for the first time, and they both sent charges of excitement and possibility through me that I hadn't felt in a long time.

So anyone have any recommendations for classes or teachers here in the Bay Area?

(Totally by Gauguin and not me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment